Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Handling Anger with Christ's Help

Hello!  I'm Bruce. I'm 50 years old, and I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
I have 2 disabilities:

  1. Cerebral Palsy
  2. Bipolar Disorder

Even though these disabilities are very different, they may sometimes cause similar emotions; anger, deep
sadness, and loneliness are just a few.

Usually, I can handle this, but sometimes it's overwhelming!!  I've said, "Why Me"? plenty of times.  I've always wanted to be "normal", but never felt like I fit in.  I've seen in the last little while that everyone must find answers for themselves. I turn to my God in prayer. Sometimes it takes a while to get my prayers answered. He answers my prayers by comforting me with his love and spirit. God's love helps me to continue, overcome, and press on.  Answers to prayers have helped me to know that Heavenly Father is there. That He lives!

The Lord spoke in plainness, "Be faithful and diligent in keeping the commandments of God, and I will encircle thee in the arms of my love." (D&C 6:20) We all want to feel the comfort of the Savior's embrace. (Elder W. Craig Swick; of the Seventy, October 1995)

There are many ways to deal with anger that comes with physical disabilities. Because of the knowledge of the restored gospel there is hope for people who think that their disability will last forever. I know mine won't. There is a life after this where we all will be able to have each part of our body in perfect form. This is possible because of Jesus Christ. This knowledge gives me hope to press on, and comfort to fit in.




Many, many Blessings to you,
Bruce







No comments:

Post a Comment