"My mother is a wonderful person" I'm sure these words were spoken, telephoned, e-mailed. or even sent on a Hallmark Card,("when you care enough to send the very Best" this is in a commercial from Hallmark, if you didn't know already.Let me tell you a little bit about my mother. She is beautiful both inside and out!! She's ALWAYS been there for me! She taught me the meaning of love through her sweet nature!! She has accepted me when others didn't. She has strong faith in Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father and is always saying, "See how Heavenly Father always takes care of us"? She doesn't even know this, but sometimes when she says good night to me, I say in my mind, "Goodnight, my little sugar cube" Oh, my goodness....
In perhaps the same way, there was a very loving relationship between Jesus and his mother, Mary. We know that she was very young, and a virgin when her Son was born. She was also a very mild person, and it is said of her, "Mary pondered all these things and kept them in her heart" (Luke 2)
Another scripture that mentions His Mother, is in Mosiah 3:8 in the Book of Mormon. It says:
"And He shall be called, Jesus Christ,the Son of God, the Father of heaven and earth, the Creator of all things from the beginning; and his mother shall be called Mary".
Our mother's love and care for us, I'm sure Mary did the same for Jesus, but I wonder if she knew her little baby would take upon himself the sins of the world? Of course, we'll never know, but I wonder if this was the very thing, "Mary pondered all these things and kept them in her heart".
Our mother's don't know what we will experience in life, but they are in our hearts and our lives for a reason. I love my mother, and am grateful for the example and the courage she's taught me as she nurtured me throughout my life. Make sure you tell your mother's how much you love them, they are one of God's greatest examples and blessings in our lives today!
I love that picture Bruce :)! Keep up the good work, and make sure to remember that Heavenly Father is very proud of you!
ReplyDelete